Re: Tilted Scans (was: filmscanners: Vuescan feedback )

Collin Ong wrote:

> I believe that the main culprit is the totally nonsensical scan order, as
> you pointed out.  The SDII scans frames from out to in, which maximizes
> the time the frames spend exposed to the environment.  Combine that with
> the fact that the scan direction for each frame is in the *OPPOSITE*
> direction, which means that after scanning, the *slow* transport has to
> move back across the frame to get to the next one.  I have no idea what
> Minolta was thinking when they designed this scanner (if indeed they did
> the design themselves).
>
> Ed Hamrick: is there any way you can reverse the order the frames are
> scanned in?  This would greatly improve the usability of this scanner.

Could it be that they were thinking of people who want to scan just one
slide, and would otherwise have to wait until the whole carrier was
pulled in before scanning, and then having to wait for the whole carrier
to eject?  Just a thought.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.