RE: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Idea

On Wednesday, March 07, Henry Richardson wrote:
>>From: Tim Victor <TimVictor@csi.com>
>>
>>But the more typical case is working through a batch of a couple
>>of dozen pictures using the same settings.
>
> And how do you know that is the more typical case?

I don't really, Henry. It seemed reasonable to me. Sometimes I'm
scanning a frame from here and two from there, but the cases
where I'm really worried about throughput and work flow are the
ones where I have several full rolls of film to get through. Maybe
I'm the weird one though...

> Maybe Ed has a
> pretty good feel for the typical use of Vuescan and will come up with
> something that will be fine.  I'm just concerned that a few people making
> very definitive statements with no evidence to back them up will influence
> Ed to make changes that may in fact *not* be best for the most people.

Yes, it's Ed's program and ultimately Ed's call. All we can do is
provide him with as much feedback as possible based on our own
experience, and then count on Ed's judgement to make the right
calls.

Best wishes,

Tim Victor
TimVictor@csi.com