RE: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Idea

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Lynn Allen wrote:

> Tim wrote:
>
> >It would help my workflow considerably if I could answer email or write
> invoices or whatever, rather than having to babysit the scanner for each
> frame.
>
> It would help everybody's, I'm sure. The solution is co-processors, which is

Actually the solution is not co-processors.  The reason you can't do this
is because VS doesn't currently provide a way to prescan multiple frames,
select crop and image processing settings for each, then batch scan
and process them all.

> a hardware fix and not in Vuescan's purview. Amiga still has the patents on
> that, I think (and please forgive me for constantly and good-naturedly

I'm not sure what patents Amiga has on this, but both Macs and PC's both
offer multiprocessor systems, which have been available for a few years
now.

-Collin

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.