RE: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Idea

> The problem with having the preview and scan
> tabs on the left and the other tabs in a smaller
> column on the right is that the tabs don't all
> fit, and you need to click an arrow to display
> more of the tabs on the right.

Do the tabs and the regions they control have to be the same size?  That is,
could you make the tabs occupy just one row across the top of the window,
the options occupy one column on the left side, and the image occupy the
remainder?  I think a user would require about 5 seconds to adjust to this
type of layout, much less time than figuring out multi-layer tabs.  I really
hate multi-rows of tabs - I have set VueScan's control width so that I end
up with just one row of tabs.  This wastes a little space, but...

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.