Re: filmscanners: I got a Nikon LS-40 on Loan

In a message dated 3/7/2001 1:41:06 AM EST, harper@wordweb.com writes:

> >Interestingly, NikonScan 3.0 that came with this scanner
>  >also works with my LS-30.  The commands that these
>  >scanners use are almost identical.  NikonScan 3.0
>  >with the LS-30 has the same limitations - 8-bits only.
>  >It also doesn't enable DIgital GEM and Digital ROC
>  >with the LS-30 (but it does with the LS-40).
>
>  Does it get jaggies?

I just traced the scsi commands that NikonScan 3.0 uses
with the LS-30, and it probably will get the same jaggies
as in NikonScan 2.5.  It reads scan lines in 64K buffers,
which is what causes the jaggies.

I already told my Nikon contact about how to fix the
problem, and he said he'd pass the information back
to Nikon in Japan.  The fix didn't get into NikonScan 3.0.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.