Re: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Idea

Larry writes ...

> What if you're sitting with a small pile of slides to scan, all
taken by
> different people at different times?

    This is an example of a situation, for which trying to make VS
easy to use, must drive Ed nuts.  How to anticipate what is easy,
considering one user who scans nothing but Ektachrome, and another who
sees individual projects spanning clients or a history of chromes and
negatives.
    I realize some of my suggestions implied leaving some Vuescan
users at a disadvantage because they couldn't afford a display which
made VS easier to lay out and present.  This wasn't my intention ...
except to acknowledge even professionals are recognizing Ed's efforts.
    It is up to Ed regarding my next suggestion ... but I wonder if it
isn't time for "Vuescan Pro" ... not that I'm suggesting "Vuescan"
remain as is, but if Ed wanted to consider another version, which put
demands on the desktop landscape, our hardware, as well as his
endevours, I hope I'd be the 1st user asked to pay for the upgrade.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.