Re: filmscanners: I got a Nikon LS-40 on Loan

In a message dated 3/6/2001 1:35:30 PM EST, michael@shaffer.net writes:

> Soooo ... you plan on implimenting 'firewire'.  I just read on
>  another list ... in the context of a "Linoscan " ... you implied no
>  such plans

I certainly intend to implement SCSI over Firewire (which is what
scanners use - the SBP2 protocol).  It may take me a bit longer
to get it working on Mac OS than Windows though.  It turns
out that this is really, really easy for me to add on Windows.

Umax has promised to loan me a Firewire scanner to do the
development with, although it's possible that Nikon will come
up with a Firewire loaner first.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.