RE: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Improvements

Ed - I hope you _really_ wanted all of this feed back. :-)  It sure beats
talking about CD-Rs and printers.  Most of my comments just reiterate what
others have already told you, but it never hurts to repeat  good ideas.

I think your rearrangement of the options is a very good idea.  I am always
having to hunt around in order to find out where I need to set a particular
option and it is never clear which options affect the raw scan and which
ones only apply to the post scan processing.  It looks like your
rearrangement separates the device options  (affecting the raw scan), the
color and cropping options  (affecting the image appearance), the file
options, and the miscellaneous options.

I would put the tabs containing the options on the left side and the image
tabs on the right.  Actually, why are there two sets of tabs?  Is there much
loss if the options and image are not visible at the same time?  This would
let the image fill more of the window.

In addition to zooming in and out, I think you need "Actual Pixels" and "Fit
Image" buttons.  The buttons could be quite small and just labeled "---",
"-", "+", and "+++".  I hope you realize that this will create more pressure
on you to color correct the displayed image.  Identical to the way Photoshop
will display the image (i.e., embedded color space --> monitor color space)
should suffice.  :-)

I like the idea of having a grabber to move the zoomed image around.  When
the cursor is near the crop box, it should change to "|", "_", "|_", etc.
Any other time it would be available for moving the image around.  If you
implement the ability to auto focus within a region, the cursor should also
change near the focus box.

Any time the cursor is within the image I would like to have a read out at
the bottom displaying the XY position and the RGB value.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.