Re: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Improvements

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001 EdHamrick@aol.com wrote:

> 3) Reorganize the tabs on the right side to make them
> a bit more logical and useful (these suggestions came
> from a helpful user):

The suggested reorganization would definitely be an improvement, and the
groupings are logical.  However, I would suggest looking at the grouping
from the standpoint of workflow usage rather than logic.  This would group
things that need to be setup once and rarely changed together, then stuff
that would change every session, and then keep everything that you need to
tweak a specific scan together.  The idea being to minimize changing tabs
all the time when you are tweaking a scan.

An example:

Preferences tab. This would have all the settings from what is now called the
Window tab.

Scanner tab. This tab would include Scan From, Mode, Auto Scan, Auto Eject,

Session tab. Media Type, Bits Per Pixel, Resolution, Auto Focus,
Auto-Exposure, Number of passes, File tab stuff

Scan tab.  Crop tab stuff, plus Region, Mirror, Rotate, Frame numbers,
color tab stuff, maybe some of the media tab stuff.  Possibly duplicates
of: Number of passes, auto-exposure

The distribution of the various options within each tab should probably
be discussed further, but the main idea would be to allow most tweaking of
scans to take place with all the relevant options on the same screen.

> Crop tab. This would include all the options from the current Crop tab plus,
> from the Device tab, the Region, Mirror, Rotate, and Frame numbers settings.

About the rotate function, I've never spend enough time to totally figure
this out, but it seems to operate relative to the orignal scan
orientation, so it usually takes several tries for me to get something
oriented correctly.  Can the rotate option function relative to the
currently displayed orientation?

Thanks,
Collin

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.