RE: filmscanners: pc monitors

Presumably you mean horizontal dot pitch. Is this a black matrix tube or a
trinitron tube? Probably black matrix, because the .22 stripe tubes cost and
arm and a leg. Nokia has a good reputation. I'd be real skeptical about the
2400X1600, tho. Don't know of any commodity cards that would support that
and that would give you 150 dpi which way exceeds the dot pitch which would
produce fuzzy results. Any card that could push 2400X1600 at 75 Hz would
have to have a bandwidth of over 400 MHz and they aren't making commodity
cards with that bandwidth yet, and the tube itself that could respond to
such a frequency would cost a fortune (don't know of any).

More realistically, I'm betting that the 445xi would look superb at
1600X1200 running at 85 Hz refresh rate and at that price you probably can't
go wrong.

Frank Paris
marshalt@spiritone.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.