Re: filmscanners: File sizes, file formats, etc. for printing 8.5 x 11and 13 x 17...

Austin Franklin wrote:

>> printer, can,

>>> I am curious how you know they (let's say the Epson printers) print more
>>> than one dot at any one 'point' on the paper, ie, the CM, CY
>>
>> etc. 'colors'
>>
>>> you mention?  I believed, though I could be wrong, they only print one
>>> color, C or M or Y or K at any spot on the paper.  That they
>>
>> did no blending
>>
>>> of ink, which is what I take you are saying they do.
>>
>> Let's call it empirical observation.  With my 720 dpi printers, when I
>> print a light green, for instance, using a loupe, I can see that the
>> yellow and cyan dots overlay, in fact they are in almost exactly the
>> same location.
>

> I asked 'the power that knows for sure' and he said no, they do not overlay.
> They are very close, but the definitely do not overlay.

Nothing personal, but I don't believe your power.  My magnifier assisted
eyes say otherwise.  Ask your "power" how the big block of near black
CMY is created on the Adobe test print if the dots cannot overlay.
Also, whomever the "power" is... did he work on the drivers for the
original 720 dpi printers I use - the Epson Stylus color, pro and XL,
which are the printers I'm using?

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.