RE: filmscanners: File sizes, file formats, etc. for printing 8.5 x 11and 13 x 17...

>       It is common to see both terms of resolution used as if they are
> interchangeable, but if you consider (for example) Epson printers
> which have a inkjet resolution of 720DPI, but should be sent an image
> file of 240PPI, you can see where the context of the terminology is
> important.  Modern use of the term, are "DPI" for dithering printers,
> and "PPI" for RGB scanners, Photoshop images, non-dithering printers

Why do you believe dithering has anything to do with the distinction of ppi
vs dpi?  Impact printers were spec'd in dpi, as well as my laser
printers....

Obviolsly, as you point out, there is a difference in pixels and dots ;-)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.