Re: filmscanners: PS v.6.01

Austin Franklin wrote:

> "FTP Error: 550
> Access denied - No such file or directory.
> Path /pub/adobe/magic/photoshop/win/6.x/photoshop601up.exe doesn't exist or
> you don't have permission to use this file."
>
> That's what happens when I try to access that file.  The FTP directory
> listing does not show any file of that name in that directory, just some
> de/ft/jp language files that are 45M.

Maybe Adobe is being particular about who they allow access?  ;-)

I find that some web browsers are not getting along with some web pages
lately.  I tried to register on line to Comdex (the computer trade show
coming up here in March)  They have been soliciting me via e-mail for
weeks.  On four occasions that I tried, after filling out the forms and
silly surveys, it failed at the last page to confirm me.

I emailed the Comdex organizers about this, and although they didn't
respond directly, the next time they solicited me via email with a link,
they mentioned "some people have indicated they are unable to complete
the registration process"  We are having problems with people using I.E.
5.0, please use V5.5.  The odd thing is, I was trying to register using
Netscape 6!

I finally faxed in my registration yesterday, and mentioned that it was
rather ironic that a industrial-strength computer trade show couldn't
get their website to accept input from two common browsers, Netscape 6
and IE V5.0... the same thing happened last year, as I recall.

A few years back, each guest was issued an embossed card with one's
name, company affiliation, address, etc.  The card had a magnetic strip
on the back to encode all of this stuff.   However, they couldn't get
the readers in time, so all the exhibitors had to use those silly old
style manual zip-zip credit card imprinters to get people's ID info so
sending literature.  I'm surprised they weren't using pneumatic tubes!

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.