RE: filmscanners: SS4000 on Windows 2000 problem

> [mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Larry Berman

> Some very timely issues here. I'm looking at getting a new system within
> the next month for scanning and Photoshop. I have a SS4000 and am thinking
> seriously of Win2K Professional, or another Win98 SE computer. Therefore
> I'm waiting with baited breath for the answer to your questions.
>
> Maybe it's time to summarize the scanning and Photoshop issues of the
> different operating systems used on the forum.

Win98 and Win98SE have been orphaned by MSFT. New computers come with WinMe
(which is
crap) or Win2000 preinstalled. Win2000 has all the drivers and hardware support
that
you'll need. Its Hardware Compatibility List is literally 4X the size of the
one for
WinMe. I've been using Win2000 for the past 10 months and have found that it
practically
never crashes as opposed to other flavors of Windows.

Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com; http://www.bahaivision.com -- "Behind all these
manifestations is the one radiance, which shines through all things. The
function of art
is to reveal this radiance through the created object." ~Joseph Campbell

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.