From: B.Twieg [mailto:btwieg@sonic.net]
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2001 8:55 AM
To: filmscanners
Subject: filmscanners: SS4000 on Windows 2000 problem

I've been succesfully using the Polaroid SS4000 with Polacolor Insight and
Vuescan on Windows 98/Me for over a year. But I'm having a problem with
Windows 2000:

1. When I first tried to install the SS4000 on win2K, after first installing
the latest PCI 4.5, I got a PCI error titled Polacolor Insight and noting:
"An error occurred while initializing the Windows ASPI dll. The file
wnaspi32.dll may be old or missing." Vuescan could not find my scanner.

Since a search found no such file on the Win2K system, I took that
wnaspi32.dll(a 1999 version) from my win Me system and installed it in  the
Win 2K system folder.

2. After that, I no longer got the missing dll error, but I get this when
trying to load PCI: "Software support for SCSI is available, but no SCSI
boards were found. Please call Polaroid Customer support for assistance".
Vuescan can still find no SS4000.

My Advansys SCSI controller card installed  automatically and correctly
during the initial Win2K  install, and shows properly in the device manager.
The SS4000 is correctly shown in imaging devices in the Win 2K device
manager.

System is  Win 2k SPI.  PIII 667 with 750 MB RAM on Asus P3V4X.   Dual boot
Win Me and Win 2k using two separate hard drives.

Superman would say: "This looks like a job for Filmscanners!"  Tony Sleep
would say: "TLAJFF".  Or, he might say this is OT.  My modem also doesn't
work, but I'm not asking about that :>).

Thanks
Bill Twieg

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.