RE: filmscanners: Nikon 8000 ED or Polaroid Sprintscan 120 ??

Mike--
This is a tough question to answer. It is important that we work with our
existing customers (scanner OEMs) because it is important that they include
an infra-red channel in their scanners (according to our agreed upon
specifications). Without their help, we couldn't have the success we've had
to date. The follow-on products are tuned to a particular scanner's
specifications (scanner resolution, scan characteristics) and are
distributed by the OEMs. We've also been busy integrating Digital ICE on
scanners for digital minilabs. So far, Agfa, Gretag, Noritsu and Kodak have
included our technology in their product with more on the way. End users are
very important to us, and it is our goal to provide the best possible
products to them through our OEM relationships.

It was very gratifying to hear the testimonials at PMA. People came to our
booth with before and after images showing the power of Digital ICE. We had
an image on display from a professional photographer (George Barris) of
Marilyn Monroe that showed what Digital ICE, Digital ROC and Digital GEM
could do. This image was badly damaged and faded. We made a good sized
enlargement and the before and after comparisons were impressive.

I hope you understand our situation and will continue to consider our
products.

Jack Phipps
Applied Science Fiction