RE: filmscanners: Set filmscanner on Minitower box?

Dean wrote:
>Maybe this is the fix to the infamous jaggies problem with some Nikon
>scanners.  :-)  Enough vibration might unstick the stepper.  Or just as
>likely, this could be causing the problem.

I presume this is entirely tongue in cheek, Dean?  My LS30 sits on the desk
not on the PC, and I've tried it in horizontal and vertical orientations.
 Makes no difference.  Unless I use Vuescan, I get jaggies.  The problem
is Nikonscan, not where the scanner is sitting.

Rob
(but I wouldn't recommend putting any film scanner where it will suffer
a lot of vibration)

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.