Re: filmscanners: Dust removal cloths

G'day Brian, Peter.

Damn.  I now have to sheepishly admit that my highly scientific tests
(grin) were about 3 months ago, and I can't remember what all the brands were!

Brian, note that I'm from the land down under, so the brands may not be
meaningful anyway.. The ones I'm using are indeed called 'Amazing Wipes'
;-/. 'As seen on TV' the box proclaims, but I have never seen them
advertised..  I actually bought them from a clearance store - you know,
SupaCheap, Cunninghams Warehouse, Cheap as Chips, that sort of place (now
you know what sort of person I am!).

The ones I *have* seen advertised on local TV were called 'Swiffer' - if I
recall correctly they were so expensive I didn't bother trying them.
I did try 'Pledge Grab-it's, but despite a no-oil statement on the pack,
they did seem leave a slight silicony? trail, so they are now employed to
clean the exterior of my highly abused camera gear!

There was another mainstream brand that were OK - I'll take a look when I'm
in town next and see if the memory comes good..

Regards, Mark T.

At 10:35 PM 17/02/01 GMT, you wrote:
..
>Come on then - tell us which brands you use!
>
>Brian Rumary, England
>
>http://freespace.virgin.net/brian.rumary/homepage.htm

Mark Thomas   markthom@camtech.net.au
PO Box 1813 Pt Lincoln SA Australia 5606
Phn (08) 8685 2116  Mob 0428 82 6960
Int +618 8685 2116
http://www.adelaide.net.au/~markthom

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.