RE: filmscanners: Using Vuescan to scan prints

I use a HP 5200C flatbed, and the Vuescan is so much better and faster, that
it's way past funny. HP is an excellent company, and even replaced my
earlier model 5200 after the warranty expired at no cost to myself (not even
shipping), but the included software is a joke. I had been using Vuescan
with my Nikon, had not even thought about using it for the flatbed, and one
day opened Vuescan but had forgot to turn the Nikon on, and there was the HP
on the scan from list. The improvement over the HP software was so amazing
in terms of results, that I now have a whole new respect for the potential
of this particular flatbed, scans from prints are often amazing in the level
of detail.
I guess the proof is in the software!
Edwin

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.