From: markthom@camtech.net.au [mailto:markthom@camtech.net.au]
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 6:59 PM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: RE: filmscanners: Dust removal, ICE

>>>snip!<<<

I have spent a fair bit of time experimenting on various ways to clean film
safely (both negatives and slides).  My cleaning method is very simple - I
have discovered that some of these new acrylic antistatic cloths sold for
household dusting ('Amazing Wipes' - sigh..) are great.  The ones I am
using have no impregnated oils (some do!), are incredibly soft and really
do pull the dust off (unlike some photo-cloths I have tried).  Naturally I
use the cloth very lightly, and used this way they do not result in any
damage to my film.  However, do this ENTIRELY at your own risk - I strongly
recommend testing on junk film to get the hang of it, and remember
negatives tend to be  more delicate than transparencies.
>>>snip<<<

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.