Re: filmscanners: Nikon 8000 ED or Polaroid Sprintscan 120 ??

Jack... I thought Dolby was patented circuitry, ie: hardware... You guys sell
software.. I think you are missing a big bet (and it has been commented upon
previously in this forum) by not making your goodies available to those of us
who are serious about filmscanning... I would hold up our esteemed guru, Ed
Hamrick, as one who is working fervently to fill the niche you and the scanner
manufacturers are leaving wide open... I can buy SilverFast bundled with or buy
it separately, why not GEM and ROC, especially if my scanner already supports
ICE? I haven't yet tried to contact Minolta support (my Elite works beautifully)
but if they are anything like most customer support, it means hours on Ignore
and generic answers from support droids, unless I want to scream and finagle to
get ahold of someone who really knows something. I am serious about this.. I am
not a hobbyist.. I am a pro.. I shoot film, I scan it and manipulate it and burn
it on a CD to deliver to my client... there are a lot more like myself... we
have a certain amount invested in a pro-sumer scanner and may not be ready to
jump at the latest and greatest and untried offerings from Nikon, etc.

Anyway, that's my two cent's worth...

Mike Moore

Jack Phipps wrote:

> Think of our software like Dolby(tm) for stereo equipment. You can't buy
> Dolby(tm) for your stereo, you have to buy a stereo with Dolby(tm).
>
> The software is custom designed for each scanner model and we have worked
> with scanner manufacturers to deliver the software to end users. I encourage
> you to contact your scanner manufacter. They may be able to provide our
> products to you.
>
> Jack Phipps
> Applied Science Fiction

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.