RE: filmscanners: GEM, ROC compared to Vuescan

Henry writes ...

> Has anyone that has a scanner with GEM and ROC
> compared their results with Ed Hamrick's recently
> added features in Vuescan that reduce grain and
> restore color?  How do they compare?

        I agree we need someone to make a ^direct^ comparison.  However, I
was initially impressed with GEM and its ability to soften grain while
keeping an edge intact.  My 1st experience with Ed's "scrub" was
disappointing with respect to edges ... it wasn't like a "gaussian
blur", but more like a "median" filter.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.