Re: filmscanners: storage and networking

Hi Mike,

I use my newest "A" (currently a 550) for Photoshop and scanning. It has
dual monitors off a Matrox G400 graphics card. My older "B" is a 266 and I
use it as an Internet machine, leaving it on for e-mail and browsing mostly
all the time. Both have CD burners. I have both in a NetGear network which
also includes my laptop. I'm currently working in Orlando at my Fathers
house for the winter and will be leaving the 266 here for him. I'll
probably be getting the latest fast new computer in late March when I
return home.

Two tips.
I use ACDSee as an image management / viewing program. It's viewing
capabilities are beyond compare. We're currently preparing an article on it
for PEI Magazine. I keep it running on my second computer when working in
Photoshop or my web design program. It's easy to drag and drop images into
other programs.

ICS (Internet connection sharing) is relatively difficult to attain and
even more difficult to maintain. I was able to use it for about three
months before it disappeared one day, never to be seen again. Instead I use
a second phone line and second ISP for those times I need to publish from
the A Computer.

When I get closer to the end of March, I'll probably be asking for advice
from the forum on purchasing a new computer for graphics.

Larry

>Thanks form the reply... My HP will burn at 10x, but I use it at 2x 'cuz I
>read
>somewhere that will give me less problems when I distribute the CD to my
>clients...
>I am about to hook up another PC with my image box to improve workflow,
>particularly as regard to using one only for scans and burns, the other
>for PShop
>work on the images... Any suggestions in that regard?
>Mike M.

Larry Berman

Web Sites for Artists: http://BermanGraphics.com
Compare Image Compression from the top
Graphics Programs: http://ImageCompress.com
Explore the Art Show Jury process from a web site:
http://ArtShowJury.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.