Re: filmscanners: Beginner

Michael wrote:

>WHOA  up there,  since when has 1200x1200 been Hi res  ?
Umax powerlook 3000 is a budget priced hi res A3 flatbed has an optical res
of 3048x3048
A dedicated 35mm scanner would be handy but the powerlook would cope with it
all AND you have the ability to batch scan, saving more time.

Don't mean to be disrespectful, Mike, but I don't think that's an "optical"
resolution on the Umax. If you can find better than 12by12 true optical in a
low-priced scanner, then I must of missed it completely and will apologize.
OTOH, if you can get good results--reliably and repeatably--with a
transparency adapter on a flatbed, then you should be publishing your
methods. Where were you when we needed that information? :-)

Regards--LRA