RE: RE: Future of Photography (was filmscanners: real value?)

> > > Not alegbra;) Plus-X is a Kodak ISO125 B&W film.
> >
> > And...exposed, and developed correctly, scanning it at 5080 or less
> > will not
> > show grain...
> >
> > I prefer D-76 1:1.

> But you want the grain!
>
> Otherwise you can't claim that the scan has captured all possible detail
> from the negative...

YOU may want the grain, I don't, not when shooting Plus-X.  I shoot Tri-X when
I want grain.  You do not NEED to resolve down to the grain.  It depends on
what size output you want to make.  From a 35mm Plus-X negative scanned at
5080, I can make a 20x30 print at 240+ DPI.

No one claimed Plus-X has no grain, of course it does, that's how B&W film
works.  But at 5080DPI the grain is not 'resolved' in the scan.

http://www.mail2web.com/ .

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.