RE: filmscanners: EZ Prints monitor calibration

On Wednesday, February 07, Tim Meneely wrote:
> I agree that EZPrints seems to be the only mass-production place which is
> making much effort to work with more serious folks in terms of color
> calibration - most if not all the others "help" you by making color etc.
> adjustments, and EZPrints promises not to do that.

I've sent one batch of prints through Printroom.com (operated by Lexar
Media--I have some of their digital camera accessories) and thought
they did a very good job. Their order form has a checkbox for each
picture to select color correction or not. I selected not and the
pictures came back just as I expected. The set of sRGB swatch pages
that I had them print are consistent and have true clear white
backgrounds. They also have several explicit cropping choices for
images that don't quite match the aspect of the paper size.

They don't offer very large print sizes however, nothing larger than
8"x10". But I thought I'd bring them up since I haven't seen them
mentioned here and see if anyone has any experience with them.

Best wishes,

Tim Victor
TimVictor@csi.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.