Re: filmscanners: Canon FS2710 - any good?

At 2:12 PM -0500 2/7/01, tflash wrote:
>Looking at low cost film scanners and this Canon FS2710 seems like it might
>be nice. Anybody have strong feelings for or against it? I know there have
>been new 4000ppi scanners announced, but will there be anything better in
>the Canon's price range out soon?

        I've had mine for about 18 months now and it works very well,
especially with VueScan. The model is getting pretty long in the
tooth, though, but I haven't heard of anything new coming from Canon.
        The new Nikons will be more expensive, but many are eagerly
awaiting their arrival. Should be some good deals on the older models
like the LS30.
        Some of the various Minolta models have their supporters,
including Ed Hamrick.

Regards,
Roger Smith

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.