Re: filmscanners: Canon FS2710 - any good?

If you don't require SCSI interfacing and have a USB port, you may wish
to consider the Minolta Dimage Dual Scan II.  Most people are quite
impressed with it, especially when used with VueScan, a third party
product selling for $40 US., and the price is lower than the Canon.

The Canon is considered a reasonable produce by those who use it, but
the Minolta seems to be better value.

I haven't used either scanner, and going on reports I have read over
numerous months through many sources.

Art

tflash wrote:

> Looking at low cost film scanners and this Canon FS2710 seems like it might
> be nice. Anybody have strong feelings for or against it? I know there have
> been new 4000ppi scanners announced, but will there be anything better in
> the Canon's price range out soon?
>
> Thanks,
> Todd

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.