Re: PSP and 48 bit was Re: filmscanners: Re: Scanning problems

> Ah, yes.  I think PSP may also read a 48bit uncompressed
> file?  I'll have to try it.  I'll try raising the issue
> with JASC.

Yes it does (see my message of 13:33 GMT 6Feb).

Ed has now explained why PSP can't read his compressed
 48-bit ones as opposed to Adobe's allegedly compressed but
larger files.

>Yes, I set TIFFTAG_PREDICTOR to 2.  Adobe must have
>forgotten to do this.

So JASC could alter their import routine, but PSP still
wouldn't be able to write a 48-bit image, so there's  not a
lot of point in it. I have quite enough trouble with 24-bit
myself, so I'm happy with PSP7.

Regards,

Alan T