Re: filmscanners: This Gamma Thing...?

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001 20:45:18 -0800  shAf (michael@shaffer.net) wrote:

>  My summary would be ... if you want a more predictable editing
> space, you should use gamma=2.2, but if your scans tend to go straight
> from scanner to your printer with minor adjustments, then gamma=1.8
> cannot be a wrong choice.

My head hurts.

If not using colour management in Vuescan, then AFAICS you'd want to select an
output gamma to match with the default system gamma, ie 1.8 in Macs or 2.2 in
PC's.

If embedding an output profile I'd expect the setting to have no meaning beyond
 VS internal display, as gamma is set as part of the profile. But it should
still match the system value to ensure the display is as accurate as possible.
I think.

Ed?!

Regards

Tony Sleep