RE: filmscanners: Re: Scanning problems

WRGill writes ...

> If what you say about TIFF being the way to go,
> why then are the Majority of Labs still scanning
> to the JPEG format? Would like an explantion, ...

        No one is arguing about the common practice of labs compressing into
the JPEG format.  We are arguing that labs should scan to the TIFF
format when it is asked for.  For example, Julie may want to sell her
work to a "stock photography" library, who sometimes insist on 50Mb
files.  She would not be able to (honestly) sell an image which had
been JPEG compressed at any time.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.