RE: filmscanners: This Gamma thing version 2.0

I used ColorCal's Profiler RGB in manual mode to create a profile that
creates printed images that match my monitor as closely as possible, even
though my monitor is calibrated for the WEB (6500 degrees). It took a whole
day, but I've gotten good results now for a couple months. Anyhow, with this
technique, gamma is just a fallout and I didn't have to worry about it.
Devices drift with age, and so should be recalibrated periodically. When I
notice I'm not getting matching results, it probably means I should have
recalibrated sooner, and if I was doing this professionally, I probably
would, but my schedule is "good enough for government work," as they say.

Frank Paris
marshalt@spiritone.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.