epcm

Re: filmscanners: Kodak RFS

>Do you know if he firmware upgrade allows the autofocus to operate when
>negatives are scanned, as opposed to the usual operation where only slides
>are autofocused and negs are fixed focus?
There was little information presented to me other than
that Kodak would be in touch with me in the next couple
of days to fill in the details of what this beta testing is all about.

The RFS allows auto and manual focus for slides at the present.
I do not know what direction they will take to improve focusing
on negatives.

>I'm going through post-purchase cognitive dissonance since I just ordered a
>3600.  Wondering if I should have gotten a Scan Dual II or Canon 2710, and
>used the saved $600 to buy a new monitor....:~(

Kodak is quite good about their return policy. Give it a try first
and see what you think.

Paul
   http://okphoto.webjump.com
P:250-498-2800  F:250-498-6876