Re: filmscanners: VueScan 6.6.1 Available

In a message dated 2/2/2001 9:12:04 AM EST, harper@wordweb.com writes:

> >   * Changed the "Restore colors", "Clean" and "Sharpen"
>  >     options to only change the scan, not the preview.
>
>  Why this change, Ed?  I'd have thought that it made sense for the preview
>  show the net effect of all the selected filters, especially the "restore
>  colours" one? :-7

The restore colors filter produces less-accurate results when the
resolution is lower.  It's most useful at the full optical resolution of
the scanner.

The Cleaning filter works differently at low resolution and high
resolution.  It also slows down the preview too much, for no practical
gain, especially since it doesn't really cause a color shift.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.