RE: filmscanners: Re: paperless office

Come on Frank lighten up and smell the roses.  My comment was
tongue-in-cheek with a smiley face to boot; it was not an instance of coping
an attitude.  The thread, despite the length of time that some may think it
has lasted, has existed for only two days.  It started on 1/29/01 and has
had a lot of posts addressing it so it must have hit a point of extreme
interest to many despite its being off topic.  Given the fact that it
attracted so many responses and posts and that it has been in existence for
only two days not two weeks, I think it was entirely appropriate to tell
Michael Moore to relax and take it in stride, in what I intended to be a
light kidding way, rather than getting excited and annoyed after only a
couple of days.

I think it is Tony's call to ask that a thread be terminated because it is
off topic.  Fortunately, he appears to be more tolerant than others on the
list when it comes to OT discussions unless they are way off topic or have
gone on for a week or more.  By the way, you can start a thread on
photographic Parrots as far as I am concerned and if others find it
interesting, you will not find me complaining about it being off topic. :-)
If I am uninterested, I will not spoil your fun and pleasure by insisting
that you end the discussion; I will just use my delete finger and delete the
posts that I am not interested in.  Since it is Tony's list and it is
costing him money to run it, I will abide by his commands without argument
and defend his right to terminate discussions.  However, I will not do the
same for other members who do not have the same authority or investment in
the list.