filmscanners: SS4000 in a scanning loop

While batch scanning a strip of negatives I made the mistake of
accidentally checking auto-scan and auto-eject at end of scan in Vuescan
rather than just auto eject, as I meant to do. This led to the program
looping through the all 6 frames a second time. When I realized what
happened I hit abort and eject a number of times until the negative
holder it seemed to eject. The scanner scanning without the holder in. I
turned off the scanner, but when I turned it on it kept scanning. Then I
turned off both the computer and the scanner, but after I booted up it
still keeps on going. Could something have gone haywire in the firmware?

I've opened insight and Vuescan, hoping that again sending an abort or
eject signal would stop it but neither of them recognize the scanner.

Any suggestions about what could be wrong? Any solutions?

John M.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.