Re: filmscanners: real value?

Ian,
I totally agree. HP has fallen victim to the same short term marketing mentality
that infects too many of today's manufacturers and service providers. That said,
I do think that their printers at least are much better made than Epson's...
What I would really like to see is the old HP mentality applied to their
printers, etc., so that we would have truly professional equipment, both in
manufacture and design... I will also reply to Art's comment about the price
comparison between HP and Epson... wheteher it's the 740, the 870, or the 2000,
they all have the print head as part of the printer, so if the darned thing
clogs beyond repair, you're scr.... (my spell-checker just kicked in).
As for HP, ain't nobody that I know making third party archival pigment/inks for
the darn thing.... Just give me a Fuji Frontier...

Mike Moore

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.