Re: filmscanners: Re: paperless office

I appreciate the comments about the law changing and I was aware of the US law
change.  That will not, however, make it happen quickly and everywhere.
Wherever lawyers can find a chink in a defendant's armor, they will and no law
will make a prudent lawyer tell a client to not play it safe and keep the
papers.  This will be especially true when there is a potential for economic
and/or moral interests to be involved.  I am not a lawyer but just the ability
to electronically manipulate documents and data can be used to raise doubt in a
case.  Nixon had a 10 minute gap on a tape and the opinions on what it meant
were as many and varied as there were people discussing it..

I would not expect to see a truly paper less ( or even negative less (?))
society in my life time or yours.

I fear that this is getting OT so......

Gordon

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.