Re: filmscanners: Great Photo Web Site

----- Original Message -----
From: "shAf" <michael@shaffer.net>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 12:50 PM
Subject: RE: filmscanners: Great Photo Web Site

> Mike Moore writes ...
>
> > If you want to see what some of the best photogs are up to with
> > the traditional/digital crossover, check out www.zonezero.com
> > It is run by the renowned Pedro Meyer, has great exhibits,
> > an online magazine, a section where you can place your
> > portfolio, chat, etc. Best of all, it costs zero....
>
> Curious!? ... on his "calibration wwwpage, he claims "Most
> photographer's web pages are designed for 1.8 Gamma."(?)
>
> shAf  :o)

Curious indeed...my web pages certainly aren't !!  But then I'm not a real
photographer.

96% of the visitors to my web pages are using the Windows platform which
uses a 2.2 gamma.   I highly doubt they change their gamma just to look at a
photograph.  The remaining 4% duke it out between Linux, Mac and Unix.

Byron

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.