Re: Future of Photography (was RE: filmscanners: real value?)

Clark,
I can honestly say that my scan back,still subjects only, produces far
superior digital images  to those made from trannies on either my
flatbed or my drum scanner.
1. There is NO noise anywhere , either in deep shadow or highlights.
2.The capture software is essentiality scanning software and has an out
of gamut warning.
when I preview an image I get a visible colour blocking in those areas
of the image which are over or under exposed.I then adjust lighting and
exposure until it is correct.
I also do a grey balance before capture so no colour correcting after.
3. No spotting needed,images are Clean.
4.I always capture without using unsharp mask,it just is not needed.Ill
apply it in Photoshop if required when I know the images destination.
5. Absolutely NO  Newton's rings.
6. No  chemical mixing and processing (yippee)
here endeth my sermon
regards
Michael Wilkinson. 106 Holyhead Road,Ketley, Telford.Shropshire TF 15 DJ
  michael@infocus-photography.co.uk      www.infocus-photography.co.uk
For Trannies and Negs from Digital Files

From: "Clark Guy" <guy.clark@sbt.siemens.com>

I don't believe that a good 4x5" transparency scanned at 1200 dpi
: on a flat bed would be any worse than what would come off of that 4x5
back

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.