removing ink cartridges was Re: filmscanners: real value?

Hersch wrote:
> Wouldn't it make sense, if going away for an extended period, to remove
the
> cartridge? Or am I missing something here?

Removing the cart won't flush the heads.  You have to use a cleaning cart to
flush the heads, or the ink still in the lines and head itself could dry and
block
the nozzles.  I found that pigmented inks were *much* more prone to this,
at least in the sub-tropical climes where I live.  I've never had blocks
with
OEM inks that I can recall, but then I seldom go more than a week without
printing at least a page of text.

In fact with Epson printers prior to the chipped carts, it is inadvisable to
ever remove the carts unless you are changing them.  The chipped carts
are designed to be removable.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.