Re: filmscanners: real value?

I thought the sarcasm in my original comment was so dripping that the
emoicons would have been redundant, I'm not sure, however...

Yes, multiplexes are movie theaters.  We have an good dozen movie houses
in Victoria and an IMAX here as well.  And next week, for the full week,
we have a huge international movie event which has a catalogue with
about 60 pages.  Lot's of well known directors showing up apparently to
speak and lots of strange films.  Nearly all of them are 35mm prints.

Art

Laurie Solomon wrote:

> Gee, there are a number of 10-18 screen multiplexes where I live; do they
> count as movie theaters?  I have actually gone to see movies in them also;
> but there are many people in my university town who got to see movies in
> these multiplexes every week and throughout the week.  They always seem
> crowded. Either they have died a different sort of death than that which I
> am familiar with or I am hallucinating. :-)
>
> In fact, since the introduction of television and even with the introduction
> of video tapes, these theaters seem to thrive at best and survive at worst
> in contrast to disappearing; and in this area, they all show 35mm movies to
> boot.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.