Re: filmscanners: Negative and CD storage methods

I have a 3-ring binder that holds sheets of archival translucent plastic
material that hold two CD's each, "with or without Jewel Case".  They are
made in packs of 10 by Fellowes Computerware (1789 Norwood Ave. Itasca,
Illinois 60143-1095 USA)    1-800-945-4545 in US. Outside US: 630-893-1630
That might be one answer to your query.
Hersch

At 04:05 PM 01/30/2001 -0800, you wrote:

>Since getting a filmscanner, I've become more conscious of the need to
>store, protect, and organize my negatives.  I've also begun generating
>alot of CD-R's that store the scans of these negatives.
>
>For the negatives, I've purchased negative sleeve pages from
>www.printfile.com which I like so far.  (Does anybody know of a good pen
>for labeling these?  Ink pens like Sharpies smear and ball points don't
>grip on the label area.)
>
>For the CD's, I started out using CD-R blanks that came with jewel cases,
>but as these started stacking up, I switched to CD-R blanks on spindle
>(Kodak Ultima Gold).  I'd like to stick these in sleeves rather than jewel
>cases to save space.
>
>I have yet to figure out a good filing system to store a CD along with the
>negatives.  I'm interested in hearing suggestions from the list on:
>
>1) How they store/track CD-Rs, negatives, and sometimes index prints
>    together
>2) Numbering systems for CD disc names and individual file names
>3) Suggestions for sources and types of CD sleeves
>

>Thanks,
>Collin

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.