Re: filmscanners: Epson 1520

>I have been offered a new Epson Stylus Color 1520 for 150 US $, which I
>would like to use for large B&W and color prints. I have a SS4000.

I've owned a 1520 for years from when it was relatively new.  It's
been a serviceable printer and good for me to use to mockup projects
for books, but I cannot say that it is great for color photo prints.

  It uses the old inks.  I also have a  black and white laser printer
for my main writing and office  work and often just use my kids' 870
for what photos I print.  However, I do not print photos
professionally  although now that I am playing around with my new
slide scanner, who knows.  At this point, I'll continue to use it for
work, but as the work does not focus on the quality of the printing
(since any books published will be printed professionally) and only
for preparing mock-ups, it's fine for me but probably not for others.
--
Sara Jane Boyers
sjzb@earthlink.net

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.