RE: Future of Photography (was RE: filmscanners: real value?)

Clark Guy writes ...
> I believe that digital cameras will continue to get better
> and better, but ...
> because we are already approaching the limit of how small a
> single pixel can be.  It can't be smaller than a wavelength
> of light, and we are approaching this limit even now.  ...

        Granted, much of what you say either makes digital cameras too
expensive or too impractical for the majority of us.  However, my
estimation of wavelengths of light relative interaction with a CCD
would be on the order of a micron.  If there are 25k microns in a inch
... well, the math would imply there is considerable room for
improvement(?)

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.