Re: filmscanners: What should I buy?

Thank you for this information. My experience with B&W leads me to believe
that, for me, cropping often saves a photo composition.

I would like to ask you two more questions:

Based on software, which is the better bundle...the ArtixScan or the Polaroid?

Does anyone care to guess the likelihood of Nikon meeting its delivery of
the LS-4000 ED in March?

At 09:49 PM 1/29/01 -0600, you wrote:
>I have the ArtixScan and with Vuescan, it is a fine piece of equipment.  I
>also have an older Nikon LS-1000 which is a fine scanner also supported by
>Vuescan.  I upgraded to the Artixscan for the higher resolution.
>
>The Polaroid is the same scanner in a different case.  Both are made by
>ArtixScan.  So the only issue here is price and bundled software.
>
>My reading of the Nikon specs indicates that it will be a better box than
>the ArtixScan/Polaroid so for a similar price, I think I would go with the
>newer Nikon.
>
>If you make large prints, you will appreciate the extra resolution, so I
>would go with a 4000 dpi scanner.  If you never make anything larger than an
>8 x 10, the 2700dpi scanners are fine unless you want to do extensive
>cropping of the original, then the 4000 dpi is worth it.
>
>Elroy Eckhardt

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.