Re: filmscanners: VueScan 6.5 Available

>From: EdHamrick@aol.com
>To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
>Subject: Re: filmscanners: VueScan 6.5 Available
>Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:56:45 EST
>I worked 10 days
>straight, some days till 3 in the morning, getting the new
>"Options|Restore colors" feature working.  It's quite a subtle
>new feature, but it works surprisingly well.
>
>My next big bit of work is to add better grain removal and
>dust removal.  I found some references to Sigma filters
>on the web that look very promising along with another
>type of filter that should work very well.  I'll roll the second
>digit when I get this done.

Boy, oh boy, I can hardly wait!  I haven't tried the Restore colors feature
yet (I need to dig up an old slide or negative that has faded/shifted) but
am looking forward to it.  Any help with grain that doesn't cause the whole
image to be soft would be outstanding.  Major kudos to Ed are, and will be,
in order.  Thanks!