filmscanners: Re: Canon FS 2710 and Windows 2000

Stefano wrote:
>I just got my brand new computer over the weekend and tried to install
>drivers and software for my Canon FS 2710 on it. My PC works on Windows 2000
>and I encountered *huge* problems in getting the PC to recognize the
>scanner.

I have installed the FS2710 on W2k ok, but it was not quite straightforward. I
used the page of instructions, which is specifically about doing this, on the
Australian Canon website. It then all worked, except for the twain recognition
of the scanner from within PS. To fix this I had to get SCSI software from the
Adaptec website for the AIC7850 card. The downloaded file is
w2k_v100b_pci_drvs.exe.  I am using the card which came with the scanner, by
the way.

Don't forget to run the Canon Automatic configuration. Doing that sometimes
solves problems.

Colin Maddock

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.