Re: filmscanners: Re: VueScan 6.4.13 Available

At 3:29 PM +1000 1/29/01, Rob Geraghty wrote:
>This is the same effect I already notified Ed about.  He's aware
>of the problem and working on it AFAIK.  I thought he'd already
>fixed it actually.  It was much more obvious on my LS30 with a
>Provia 100F slide.  I think if you turn off the cleaning filters
>it goes away?  I haven't tried the feature since I saw the bug.

        OK, got it. I see the red effect along the ear and in the
shadow between nose and mouth. I hadn't seen the effect in other
scans, but they may be there.
        Rob Geraghty was right, and incidentaly, this is also a
Provia 100F slide. The other scans I have done which didn't obviously
show the effect were Ektachromes of various types. Gotta look more
closely at them.

Regards,
Roger Smith