RE: filmscanners: Scratched Negs & Home C-41 processing

  • To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
  • Subject: RE: filmscanners: Scratched Negs & Home C-41 processing
  • From: "Eli Bowen" <elbow@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:51:14 -0800

When it is so cheap to get color film developed by a lab (even a top
quality professional lab) it seems hard to justify the trouble and
expense of C-41 or E-6 processing at home, especially if a
formaldehyde-based stabilizer is used. Formaldehyde is a known
carcinogen with other bad health effects even at relatively low exposure
levels.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.